Lobster Pot Night!
Spread the love
Coastal Kitchen is having a Lobster Pot Night on Monday July 2, 2018 from 4-10 PM. This is a special event to celebrate lobster, and it’s a full menu including:
- One-half lobster
- Giant shrimp
- Potatoes and local vegetables
- Fresh herbs
- All steamed in a citrus Narragansett beer broth
- Served with Old Bay focaccia bread
- Pair the meal with Narragansett Fresh Catch Golden Ale, Del’s Shandy, or Lager
If you aren’t into lobster, our regular menu is also available.
Lobster isn’t just a fad, there are several health benefits to consuming a crustacean once in a while:
- Lobster contains beneficial fats known to prevent inflammation and atherosclerosis. It also contains large amounts of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. There is quite a bit of sodium as well, so check with your doctor if you have existing heart disease.
- There are several vitamins and minerals in lobster including vitamin B12 which is critical for nervous system function. Also, lobster is a good source of choline which can increase production of brain neurotransmitters. It’s good for your brain!
- Protein gives us energy, and lobster is full of protein.
- Tissue repair is an important part of eating well, as your body needs protein and other compounds to keep itself operating well. Lobster offers those building materials for good health.
- The omega fatty acids mentioned earlier also increase production of prostaglandins in the body which help protect the body from inflammation, arthritis, and other debilitating conditions.
So now you know that lobster doesn’t just taste good, but it’s also good for you! If you haven’t enjoyed lobster in a while, come to Coastal Kitchen on July 2 and join us for Lobster Pot Night. Your taste buds and your body will thank you!