Celebrate National Sandwich Month At Coastal Kitchen
Spread the love
Coastal Kitchen is ready and willing to help celebrate National Sandwich month this August with our delicious sandwich menu. More about that in a bit, but first a bit of history about the venerable sandwich. Who would have thought a 24-hour gambling session would lead to the historic creation of a favorite food? That’s precisely what happened when John Montague, the fourth Earl of Sandwich, asked for a food he could eat comfortably during a marathon gambling session in the 1700s. The chef complied by placing sliced meats between pieces of bread and the sandwich was born.
Coastal Kitchen in Bay Shore is the perfect place to explore many variations of the sandwich. Our sandwich menu is extensive and includes:
- The Cubano – house cured ham, Cuban roast pork, pickle, Gruyere, dark rum molasses mustard, HM medianoche roll
- The lobster roll – avocado, herb aioli, HM jerk seasoned bacon, caramelized fennel, HM Old Bay Focaccia bread
- Grilled chicken – lettuce, tomato, onion, sliced apple, Gruyere, herb aioli, HM sourdough
- Jerk chicken – marinated and smoked chicken, pickled pineapple, Jamaican BBQ
- Classic burger – grass fed beef, caramelized onions, Gruyere, toasted HM bun
- Coastal burger – grass fed beef, cheddar, house cured ham, grilled pineapple, HM mango-habanero ketchup, toasted HM bun
- Veggie burger – Hamlet Organic Garden: locally grown veggies, lentils, fried green tomato slice, HM lemon/roasted garlic ricotta, toasted HM English muffin
- Seared tuna BLT – seared yellowfin tuna, tomato jam, red leaf lettuce, bacon, herb aioli, HM sourdough
- Korean BBQ steak – marinated charred short ribs, kimchi, spicy aioli, HM baguette
- We have add-ons including avocado, jerk bacon, and fries!
So August is here, so is National Sandwich Month, and you need to treat yourself to one of our delicious selections here at Coastal Kitchen. Don’t hesitate, we have a lot of sandwich options to sample!